Privacy and cookie statement Feadship
Last updated: 20 May 2021
Your privacy and the protection of your personal data is of great importance to Feadship Holland B.V. (hereinafter: Feadship). During the processing of your personal data via our website (www.feadship.nl) we work in accordance with the requirements for the processing of personal data laid down in the privacy legislation (General Data Protection Regulation). This means we:
- clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, by using this Privacy Statement;
- limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
- first ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and we demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to inspect, correct or delete your personal data held by us.
For what purposes do we use your personal data?
Feadship is the party responsible for all data processing. We obtain various personal data from you. In this privacy statement, for each processing purpose at Feadship we indicate what information we obtain from you, why we do this and how long it will be stored. We recommend that you read this information carefully. If you have any questions or want to know exactly what we store about you, please contact us. Our contact details are mentioned below.
You can contact us in different ways, for example by phone, e-mail, social media or on events. For this purpose, we may use your name, e-mail address and the information you provide us with. We store this information until we have handled your contact request, or for the duration of our contractual relationship if you become a customer or supplier.
We send out digital newsletters on a regular (monthly) basis so that we can update you with the latest Feadship news. To receive our newsletter, you need to register beforehand. For this purpose, we use your first and last name and email address. Except for existing customers, where this is done on the basis of a legitimate interest. We store this information until you unsubscribe from our services. In every newsletter, you will find the possibility to unsubscribe. You will stay subscribed for this service until you opt-out.
If you are interested in the world of Feadship, you can request a hard copy of the newest version of the annual Feadship PILOT magazine. To receive the PILOT magazine in hard copy, you need to register beforehand. For this purpose, we ask you to fill in your name, postal address and e-mail address so we can successfully deliver the magazine to you. We will use your e-mail to verify your request and later to inform you about the shipment of your PILOT magazine. We will send the PILOT magazine to the given address after the magazine is ready for publication. You will stay subscribed for this service until you opt-out, which you can do at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our confirmation email or by sending your opt-out request to email@example.com. Feadship will only process your personal details for the execution of the agreement for which you opted in. Feadship reserves the right not to respond to subscription requests.
On our website you can watch Feadship videos. From our story, to exclusive content about our fleet. We process this data based on our legitimate interests. Therefore, we take your privacy into account as much as possible. We will let you know in advance if photos or videos are being taken at an event. In case you have any objections against being recognizable visible in one of the images or videos, please let us know, then we won’t photograph or film you.
This platform is meant to follow the construction of your yacht. Access to the platform allows the project team to place content in a timeline, owners to view the content and any vendors/relationships of the owners to view the content. The platform can be logged into a protected environment to view (privacy) sensitive content, share photos and videos, view live streams, share documents in PDF format, view the project team find contact details.
For this purpose, Feadship collects your profile picture (optional), title, first name, last name, e-mail address and phone number. Feadship also asks for your onboard contact information: your title, name, yacht name and yacht e-mail address.
We keep your personal information until you cancel your account, or for a maximum of 2 years after you last logged in into your account. We will then assume that you no longer wish to use our services. We may retain some data for a longer period of time if we are legally obliged to do so (e.g. because of the tax retention obligation). The tax retention obligation is 7 years.
The press list
We keep a record of our press contacts. For this purpose, we use your first and last name and email address. We do this on the basis of your consent. We store this information until you unsubscribe from our services.
We occasionally organise (online) events so that we can update you with the latest Feadship news. To participate we will you need to register beforehand. For this purpose, we use your first and last name and email address. Except for existing customers, where this is done on the basis of a legitimate interest. We store this information until you unsubscribe from our services. In every newsletter, you will find the possibility to unsubscribe. You will stay subscribed and updated about this and all upcoming similar events until you opt-out.
Online events may include an interactive chat. By joining this chat you allow Feadship to display your first and last name to all participants of the (public) chat.
Handling job applications
You can apply to us for a job. For this purpose, we use your name, telephone number, e-mail address, motivational letter, resume and any other information you provide us with. We need this data to handle your application and possibly enter into an employment contract with you. If we do not end up hiring you, we will only retain your data until four weeks after the application procedure has ended. We can retain your data for one year longer - with your consent - in case we might have an interesting vacancy in the near future.
Please note: A social media check may be part of the application procedure. A social media check is necessary to be able to guarantee that the image of Feadship will be maintained when new staff is being hired. We do this on the basis of our legitimate interest. For our social media check, we will search for your name on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google and LinkedIn. We will only check information that is publicly available and will not require you to make a connection with us or to provide us with access to shielded pages. In case you have any objections against this, please let us know, then we won’t do it.
Providing data to third parties
Feadship only shares your data with third parties when this is permitted under current legislation. We may disclose your personal information to third parties because:
- we have engaged them to process certain data;
- necessary to execute the agreement with you;
- you consent to this;
- we have a legitimate interest in this;
- we are required to do so by law (for example, if the police demand it in the event of a suspicion of a crime).
The parties processing personal data in our or your order:
- Mail-order companies
- Cookie service providers
- IT suppliers and service providers
- Marketing companies
In order to provide this service, Feadship may provide your personal data to parties established outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Feadship only does this if there is an adequate level of protection for the processing of personal data. This means, for example, that we use a model agreement from the European Commission and/or make agreements on the handling of personal data
Social Media Buttons
On our website we use social media buttons, which redirect you to the social media platforms. This gives you the option to follow us and share content within the network. You will also find advertisements on your social media page. The buttons are active because of bits of code that come from social media networks. If you want to know what social media platforms do with your personal data, please read the relevant privacy statement:
- Facebook (privacy statement)
- Instagram (privacy statement)
- Twitter (privacy statement)
- Youtube (privacy statement)
- LinkedIn (privacy statement)
With the ruling of the Court of Justice of the EU of 16 July 2020 (Schrems II case), the Privacy Shield has been declared invalid. We are currently investigating how best to overcome this. We have a very high regard for privacy and are trying to do everything we can to come to an appropriate solution. If we have a suitable solution, we will inform you about it through this privacy statement. Do you have any questions about the processing of your personal data? Please contact us by using the contact details in this privacy statement.
We take security measures to reduce the misuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. We take responsibility for the security of your personal data. We renew our security measures to ensure safe storage of personal data and keep track of what might go wrong. If you would like to know what security measures we exactly take, please contact us.
The first time you visit our service, we will show you a notification explaining our cookies and ask for your permission for the use of these cookies.
- Technical and functional cookies: We place first-party cookies, which are strictly necessary. These cookies enable necessary functionalities of the website, such as saving a search term, or font type within the website. Moreover, these cookies allow our website visitors to select items for eventual purchase. These cookies will mostly expire after a session. However, some technical and functional cookies, such as the ones remembering a user’s login, will expire within a maximum of two years after the session.
- Analytic cookies: to generate overall statistics and gain insight in the use of our website by the public in order to improve and optimize our website and services.
- Marketing and tracking cookies: Tracking cookies are cookies, i.e. text files dropped on browsers, that are able to record data about the user of that specific browser, such as his or her actions on a site, browsing activity, purchases and preferences, IP address and geographical location, and the like. Usually, this information is used for targeted marketing, to direct and display advertisements as precisely as possible to relevant segments of the internet users, that is, potential customers.
These cookies collect the following data from you:
- IP address
- Website and click behaviour
- Referrer URL
On our website, we use Google Analytics. This tool helps us gain insights into visitor behaviour and to improve the user experience based on this information. The information that we obtain, including the address of your computer (IP address), is transferred to Google and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Google Doubleclick is used to register the actions of you as a website visitor on the website after viewing or clicking on advertisements. The purpose of this is to measure effectiveness and to show personalized advertisements.
By visiting and using our website, the user also agrees to be bound by the YouTube terms of service which can found in the following link: https://www.youtube.com/t/terms
YouTube and Google
You can always contact us if you have any questions regarding our privacy and cookie statement. Besides that, you have to the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Right of access: you have the right to see what kind of personal data we processed about you;
- Right of rectification: you have the right to rectify any personal data we have processed about you, if this information is (partially) wrong;
- Right to complain: you have the right to file a complaint against the processing of your personal data by us, or against direct marketing;
- Right to be forgotten: you can file a request with us to remove any personal data we processed of you.
- Right to data portability: if technically possible, you have the right to ask us to transfer your processed personal data to a third party;
- Right to restriction of processing: you can file a request with us to (temporarily) restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Right to revoke your consent, when we process your data with your consent.
If you exercise any of the rights mentioned above, we will ask to identify yourself. How this identification will take place, depends on the personal data that is being processed by us.
We will usually comply with your request within one month. This term can be extended if the request is proven to be complex. You will be notified about a possible extension of this term within one month.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this statement. We recommend that you consult this statement on a regular basis so that you remain informed of any changes.
If you think that we are not helping you in the right way, you have the right to lodge a complaint at the authority. For The Netherlands, this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
2132 JK Hoofddorp
+31 23 524 7000
Chamber of commerce number: 34030699